Thanksgiving at the Shore

We decided this year to get a rental through VRBO for Thanksgiving. I was in need of a new atmosphere for the holiday. It was becoming so predictable it was making me depressed. Not that I don’t like the holidays, I just needed something different that we could all enjoy. We live in the northeast, so I had many choices. I chose the beach; I hadn’t been to the shore yet this year, so I could fill my need to see the ocean while celebrating gratitude, how perfect.

We arrived on Wednesday, and on Thursday, Thanksgiving, we woke up to sunshine, cool air and wind. I had to get out to see the water and feel the weather on my face as soon as possible, so I bundled up and out I went.

Sunrise from our bedroom window.

It was a wonderful day. I was able to walk a few times each day while there and fill my soul with gratitude the way I imagined. It was special being able to spend time with my one son and husband in a new place and perhaps a new beginning.


This is a wetlands area that was restored after eradication of phragmites. I am currently studying eradication practices on open space in hopes to restore a field and waterfront at one of our parks where I live.

Until next time: I find the more grateful I am, the happier I am. May happiness be in your soul so you can share it without ever trying.



Popular posts from this blog

The Healing Garden Dream and Start

Christmas Gardening

Winter is Coming